selecting the API you are interested in from our list of
real-time data feeds.
- The documentation for static APIs can be found on the
Developer Resources Download page.
- Your use of our feeds is governed by the terms of our usage guidelines. Applications that do not stay within these guidelines may be blocked from accessing our APIs.
- See our GTFS-realtime Reference for the New York City Subway for examples of how to access the feeds in your application.
Download the nyct-subway.proto file to compile the protocol buffers objects to read the real-time subway feed
- See our Real-Time Data Feed Reference for Long Island Rail Road to learn how to access the feeds in your application.
Download the LIRR Real-Time feeds here.
- See our Real-Time Data Feed Reference for Metro-North Railroad to learn how to access the feeds in your application.
Download the MNR Real-Time feeds here.
- Learn more about the GTFS-realtime format used by MTA feeds.
- We've put together a simple, easy-to-understand developer package for licensing our intellectual property for use in your project.
Using MTA's Intellectual Property
Our data feeds are FREE to use. But to use our logos, maps, symbols or other intellectual property, you need a license.
The MTA protects its brand identity and intellectual property on behalf of the public. Revenues generated from licensing go back into our budget, helping provide services for our customers.
If an MTA-approved mobile application is provided to the public free of charge, the MTA requires a license but will not charge a license fee for the use of our intellectual property. Commercial or ad-sponsored applications may be charged a license fee.
View Our Sample App!
Want to dive right into the code? We’ve developed a sample web app that will show you how to access MTA’s real-time and static feeds, then make use of this information.
Have More Questions?